Financial planning – unsure about license when leaving company?

I’m employed part-time at a financial planning company and, earlier this year I got my state life insurance license through their "sponsorship." I want to leave but I don’t know how it will affect (the ownership of) my license. I’ve reread the employment contract and it doesn’t mention license portability.

Licenses are portable. All you need to do is fill out the appropriate paperwork with any new agency you work for.